Main Rules for Healthy Eating and Controlling Your Weight:
All diets, work on the same fundamental principal of caloric intake. The other variables are sleep, toxicity, nutrient deficiencies. Before we even go there, get through this page then we can take the next step.
What to do more of…
- Drink more water
- Always choose pure food over processed food
- Try to eat food in its purest form, closest to the earth
- Always eat breakfast within one-hour of waking
- Increase green leafy vegetables
- Adhere to proper portion sizes (size of your fist)
- Depend on fresh fruits and vegetables for fiber, vitamins, nutrients and enzymes
- Eat more healthy fats which are actually proven to aid in weight loss and satiety (example: Coconut oil and Avocado)
- Eat sources of lean protein (preferably organic and grass-fed meats)
- Add more beans and legumes
What to limit…
- Eat less genetically modified foods, sugar and chemicalized, “junk foods”; consume less coffee, alcohol and tobacco
- Excessive amounts of milk and other dairy products
- Avoid sugar loaded beverages including colas, juices, and caffeine-laden energy drinks
- Avoid saturated and trans fats
- Avoid processed white flour and sugar
- Be aware of added oils and fats when dining out
- Reduce processed carbs
Do NOT stress over the bad foods you “sometimes” eat.
Create a healthy base with healthy food, and your system will be able to handle the occasional indulgence.