The Inbody 520 Body Composition Analyzer is a medical grade scanner, generates a complete and superiorly accurate snapshot of your body composition. Base on the results of the scan, we are able to precisely measure and track improvements in fat loss, muscle gain, strengths and weaknesses, asymmetries, which enables us to better customize training routines and guidance for effective eating habits to get you to where you want to be.
To produce a precise and consistent result you must follow the instructions below. This is very sophisticated and sensitive equipment and all factors below will affect the test results.
Prepare for your BCA Scan by adhering to the following instructions:
- Do not eat for 7 hours prior to testing
- Do not exercise 12 hours prior to testing
- Do not consume alcohol for 24 hours prior to testing
- Hydrate well the day before
- Do not drink caffeine on the day of your test
- Ensure access to both feet with removable footwear (no socks or pantyhose)
- Do not wear jewelry- all jewelry will have to be removed prior to testing
- Armband must be removed
- Do not put lotion on your hands and feet
- Do not take a bath or shower before measurement, perspiration can cause temporary changes to body composition
- Measure after standing for at least 5 minutes
- Test should be performed with in 30 minutes of urination or excretion if possible. Residues in the human body are interpreted as fat mass. If there is waste in the body, the analysis may be less accurate.
- Warm up for 20 minutes before a test performed in winter
- Women should not be tested during their menstrual cycle
- When you retest, perform the test at the same time you did your last test
*** Inform us if you have any calluses on the palms or soles of your feet to ensure accurate measurements.
DO NOT USE THIS EQUIPMENT IF YOU HAVE FOLLOWING ELECTRONIC MEDICAL DEVICES:
- Electronic life support systems, such as an artificial heart/lung
- Portable electronic medical devices, such as an electrocardiograph
*** Inform the us if you have any calluses on the palms or soles of your feet to ensure accurate measurements.